My first test of the new fan mount is with Bronzefill and a 0.15mm

My first test of the new fan mount is with Bronzefill and a 0.15mm nozzle. Perhaps ill-advised, but that’s how we learn, right?

Well that was a fail. It did it’s best to lay down a stringy, spotty first layer and then clogged completely. Let’s try that again with a 0.4 mm nozzle, shall we?

Yyeeeaaaaahhhhh a 0.15mm nozzle is just asking for trouble.

Come to think of it, I’m not sure I’ve ever successfully printed anything with this nozzle, so not sure what made me wanna try Bronzefill with it. And I’m also not sure Bronzefill needs cooling fans very much. Ill-conceived all the way around methinks.

I’m making something very silly. It’s a signature panel for the @Printrbot GO! v.1.

The original is on the same birch plywood that the bot is made out of and signed by Ben Heck and Brook Drumm. I decided I wanted something a little different to try to match the steampunk look of my bot however so I scanned the original, turned it into a .dxf file and played with it in OpenSCAD to get something that I hope will look like something once it’s printed in bronzefill and polished and patinated/antiqued.

I would not try two experiments at the same time. Try the bronze fill or the cooling fan nozzles or test the tinier nozzle hole, but not more than one at the same time. As you prove one works ok, then test the other parts and actually know what is or is not working.

@NathanielStenzel That is some of the most sage and boring advice I’ve heard all day. :slight_smile:

@John_Davis I am not surprised that you found it boring. At least you found it to be good advice though. :smiley: I am all for trying wacky/new things (I am not saying this stuff was wacky btw), but I think it is a good idea to know why things fail when they fail.

yeah… unfortunately so true.

what size are those fans?
I need to do something about the fans on my printers

@Jonathan_se5a_Sorens 30 mm. It’s about all I have room for in my bot.

that appears to be the size of the spare fans I have lying around, have you uploaded the stl (or even better .scad) ?

@Jonathan_se5a_Sorens I’ll upload it to Youmagine. The SCAD is a bit of a mess so I’ll clean it up a little first.

@Syed_Ali_Ahmad Yes, with OpenSCAD. It’s on Youmagine now and if you search for Fan Mount Donut you should be able to find it.

@Syed_Ali_Ahmad I designed it for my printrbot GO! v.1 (which is more Prusa than delta) but it could work for any bot with sufficient room and flat space around the extruder for the mounting screws.