My first photo engraving done on the shapeoko.

My first photo engraving done on the shapeoko. Its of my nephew and twin nieces. I still need to burn the darker areas and stain it but thought it would be worth showing how it comes off the machine with slight sanding.

+Peter van der Walt​ I definitely plan on it. Any special notes for grbl?

Also does laserweb work for 3D profile milling? (this was milled)

+Peter van der Walt The picture doesn’t do it justice… its all different depths. The shadowing is from sanding it. I’m going to use that as my guide for burning :wink:
On a side note I’m very interested in adding a laser to my machine and trying out laserweb. I was looking at the kits from J-tech https://jtechphotonics.com/?product_cat=laser-and-driver-combo-kits but I have no clue to the power level I should get or if that type of laser is the right one. Any suggestions?

Looks great! What software did you use to generate the gcode?

@Loren_Brandenburg I am curious how that would turn out with polyurethane stain to fill in and seal it. Have you considered it?

+Peter van der Walt have you found out how lasing wood affects staining? Can we lase wood grain pattrrns on wood and pretend it is another type of wood? Hahaha it would be funny, but cool.

+Peter van der Walt Thanks… I’ll check them out

@Adam_Harris I used photo-v carve = fairly cheap and easy to use

@NathanielStenzel this was my first piece so I havn’t messed around much yet. My intent with this piece is to burn what is already shadowed and then stain with an oak and finish with a satin clear polyurethane