My Christmas light installation, running on my open source sequencing software called Sparkled.

My Christmas light installation, running on my open source sequencing software called Sparkled.

I’ll upload a video of the lights sequenced to some music soon :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/AGep9PSoO48

Would be interesting to hear more about what hardware, how things are wired etc

@Will_Tatam Sure thing.

Sparkled is running on a Mac Mini. It provides a UDP server that ESP32 clients can request frame data from (e.g. a client might send “GF:P1”, meaning Get Frame data for Pillar 1). The server will check the progress of the current song and pull out the appropriate prerendered frame and send it to the client.

The ATX power supply sends 12V to the client controller boxes, which reduce to 5V with buck converters and they power an ESP32 and the strip itself.

There’s an attached photo show a box containing the Mac Mini, router and ATX power supply.

Let me know if you’d like any more info :slight_smile:

And another photo showing half-built client boxes.

Nice setup. So all the controllers and lights run from the single ATX psu? Or do you have extra power direct to some?

It’s on my list to play with sparkled. I’m a java dev, so can maybe contribute too

The arches and pillars are powered by one power supply, and the lights on the roof are powered by another. That’s mainly for convenience.

I’m definitely keen to get other people playing around with it, to find bugs and pain points. I’m going to do a bunch of UI rework in the new year.