My 1st item printed on Ares.
Roof of the Kontiki.
Part was printed flat, then folded.
So I take it you fixed your z height issue. Thinking back now, I too had the same issue with my z axis not lowering. I don’t know what I did to fix it. However, I ran some gcode regarding soft limits. I think it was G131 or something like that. I was trying anything back then
Frustration led eventually to awesomeness. Thank God for brothers > “when you can’t lower the z axis, you just have to raise the bed”.
Coins & muskin tape did the trick.
As @Yuan_LIU advised, I will try the M666 Z-16 & then update firmware M500 when I am more adventurous