Multiple Pieces Sliced with Different Settings for One Print   I have spent two

Multiple Pieces Sliced with Different Settings for One Print
#slic3r #calibration #simplifying

I have spent two days to test PLA printing, and adjusting settings (infill %, temperature, printing speed) of slic3r within Repetier, and I concluded this all was too time consuming to review the PLA material and the manifold settings, and I came up with an idea:

I like to use an .stl (e.g. a cube 10x10x10mm), and print it with different settings:

for($if=30; $if<=100; $if+=10) { // 8 steps
foreach ($t=190; $t<=215; $t+=5) { // 6 steps => 48 items
$xoff = ($n%7)*15;
$yoff = int($n/7)*15;
slic3r +moveX $xoff +moveY $yoff +infill "$if%" +temperature $t cube.stl +o cube-$if-$t.gcode; # – not all switches actually exist, but for sake of the example (- replaced by +)
}
}

and then merge/concate the .gcode files into one .gcode so it can be printed in one run (I began to code this).

My questions:

• does it exist already (preferable on command-line level)
  • what’s the best way to go with slic3r doing this? (I also contacted Allesandro / Slic3r author already, awaiting feedback)

Variants:
a) print one item at a time complete;
– advantage: simulates single piece printing closely (compared to next variant)
– disadvantage: danger crashing into already printed pieces: make sure moving to next item and its z=0 the nozzle doesn’t crash into already existing printed items (position items smart, and ensure sufficient space exist between pieces, consider actual geometry of the nozzle)

b) print one z-level for all items at a time; temperature readjustment might slow down entire print in case it’s part of the variables/testing;
– advantage: no risk crashing into existing items;
– disadvantage: layers cool off significantly, and might not simulate actual regular printing anymore.

Any feedback and comment is welcomed!