multi color meccanical switching for ender 3,

multi color meccanical switching for ender 3, ready to print and test after my xmas hollidays

What’s with the bevel gears? Printing those or buying them?

@Ryan_Carlyle print but are real item too

Why use them versus direct drive? Or a worm gear or something to improve torque?

Seems overly elaborate.
Would suggest waiting for E3D to release the tool changer system.

Is it solidwork drawing?

@Shanmika_Madhushan onshape.

@Gary_Tolley_Grogyan depends of your skills …sorry i no wait a company with all respect i have on e3d…i do it myself my skills permit to do. hope :smiley:

@Mauro_Manco I prefer a simple approach, which yet no one has done.
And with no prime towers

As before u see not possibile for u still. Anyway that exist but closed source and only 2 way for beta at 49$…
Sorry …but As you write , you are a user no a Maker or with right spirit of create something,please no comment anymore

@shauki lol me creazy…----please u are more :smiley: anyway when retun at rome try it…

@Mauro_Manco I make stuff, but cannot do much CAD work due to my PC not being able to run CAD programs. I don’t have a lot to spend.
My idea has already been sketched up, but I am saving, for a long time now to buy a new computer

Idea uses a single nozzle, single extruder motor plus an additional motor to cycle between colours/materials

@shauki have other resource in moscow … Relax :smiley: yes no have near resource for try that… anyway u lock me :smiley: i need talk with U

@Gary_Tolley_Grogyan fusion360 works on my potato of a pc and it’s free for "students and hobby makers "

@Leri_Jacobs mine is more of a potato, Fusion360 barely works.
When I get my new computer, sometime next year, I can get cracking on a new 32bit controller and this better multi colour/material system I have

@Gary_Tolley_Grogyan try FreeCAD, it will work on your computer :wink:

Your bowden tube is going to collide with itself.

I designed those to exit the extruder sideways for a reason. The 270 degree bend beginning parallel to the axis allows for a short tube that will not undergo a significant change in its overall curvature as it travels a relatively long distance. Other configurations require a longer tube to avoid kinking.

Btw, I’m also doubtful about the switching mechanism. That grooved idler is not going to slide easily from one filament to the next. How are you planning on actuating it? I see something sticking off of the carriage, but how does it grab the idler and release it in the desired position? Looks to me like you’re just begging for skipped steps in the x axis.

Same i thinking but want try in case use 6six way splitter just tested and used by prusa too.

Oh and those bevel gears will only be engaged when the machine is at maximum Z. How are you planning to run the extruder the rest of the time?