MKS SBase and GRBL-LPC / First steps

Hi Again! :slight_smile:
One more question:
Is it also possible to control a 50W or 60W LPS with the SBase?
If yes, where goes the PWM Pin on the LPS as there is no “L” connector anymore?
How would this kind of LPS be wired up?

Thanks a lot & best regards!
Michael

Here is a drawing from another user …

Dwg* = Your LPS
T = Laser switch (5v enable): connect to “test fire” switch
L = Laser Switch (0v enable): connect to Bed- (L)
P = Water protection: connect to Laser switch, interlocks, water flow sensor
G = Ground, see the circuit
In = Power control signal: to the wiper of control pot
5V = Output 5v; to one side of the control pot

*The attached drawings LPS labels

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

Does it matter which GND to use on Sbase?

Yes, you should use the GND on the 12-24V power supply block. This GND is connectd to the MOSFETs. I’m not sure if other GNDs are connected to this one.

2 Likes

as the name of the topic - first steps. I’ve been able to use it on the MKS Sbase/dide laser (+/-/PWM inputs) one of old precompiled firmware - thank you. PWM on 1.23 works ok. Now I got two issues the firmware I used is not the newest and compile the new one is above my skill level;) second where is the probe pin??? please. I use xyz my build frame. and on the start of the gcode I have sequence: z goes down (probe- microswitch attached to laser module) touches the surface -> goes up predefined distance - focus distance - zeroes Z and runs the rest of the gcode (cut/engrave- whatever). It means whatever I throw on the table I don’t have to bother about focusing - it does it automatically. Works brilliant on arduino uno. But as A.uno has speed limitations and I have MKS Sbase around I’d like to try grbl-lpc.

1. can I ask politely for updated version of the firmware. MKS Sbase/diode
  2. could you please make some kind of idiot-proof manual. PINs wireing etc
  3. @cprezzi Claudio - can I buy you a coffee?
  4. compiling - any chance to do it in platformio? ( I’ve been able to do it some stuff in it before - tool chain scares me a bit)