Memory Lane

@donkjr got me thinking today about when I started my adventure in making. For me it was really when I got my K40. I took delivery on June 14 2016. In trying to figure out that date I went searching through some old pictures and found these gems of a pristine clean K40. :slight_smile:

I’ve come a long way in becoming a maker in no small part thanks to the encouragement and help from people I’ve met in this community.

5 Likes

I still find it amazing the quality of work you do with the K40. I am still puzzled why anyone would spend money on a Glowforge!

4 Likes

Yah! Ned seems to have a personal relationship with his K40… and it’s still running the stock board (yes?).
His work make me want to clean up the K40 design and start a US made version. Oh Yah … been done!

4 Likes

Wow! Lucky you: your’s was delivered in what looks to be a wood box…mine got the cheap cardboard treatment which the FedEx guy unceremoniously dropped on my garage floor. I stared at the box for a week before I had the courage to open it…

Gonna’ spread a little love: you and the usual group of suspects have done a lot to keep the K40 forum thing alive - from all the users out there, we appreciate it.

Mke

4 Likes

Thanks for the love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lol. Yeah I have worked in labs ordering and receiving high sensitivity equipment. So when I saw the delivery guy pick the box up, with his bare hands out the back of the truck, and come lumbering across the yard with it held out in front of him I was like AGGGHHHGHGH! NOOOO! inside. Just envisioning him dropping that box :grimacing: (Granted he was a big dude)

2 Likes

Many of us have a personal relationship with our K40’s…I call mine Kyle :stuck_out_tongue: Mainly cause he is sometimes a jew like Kyle from South Park(dont take that wrong, its a joke) and has fits and starts from time to time. Luckily i have worked most of them out by now!
(cartman voice)“I hate you Kyle…”

2 Likes

Mine is called “Damn you…”!

4 Likes

Mine is “Oh sh*t!”

4 Likes