Marlin firmware issues, am new at Arduino and trying to troubleshoot some problems.

Marlin firmware issues, am new at Arduino and trying to troubleshoot some problems. When I use the standard marlin firmware I can control the steppers and hot ends using the Repetier or Matter Control host, however when I load the Azteed X3 v2 board with the Herculien firmware I cannot get anything to function on the board, connecting to the printer gives no error. Is there something I may need to set? I have yet to install the LCD panel, I am guessing that might be it.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

Okay all good, I commented the Viki defind setting and got the Herc firmware working. pre-break in codes running now on a test table

@Vic_Catalasan ​​ sorry. Just saw the post. Thats what I would have suggested. Good job troubleshooting.

Also I know others have firmware versions based off the updated Marlin code. Perhaps we should get a repository going of firmware options (old marlin, new Marlin, Smoothieware, etc).

@Derek_Schuetz ​​ @Daniel_Salinas ​​ @Mike_Thornbury@Isaac_Arciaga ​ what are your thoughts?