Making some name tags for some people who work at the hospital where my

Making some name tags for some people who work at the hospital where my wife works. 3mm alder. I do pin and magnetic backs. I also came up with away to attach a badge reel clip. It’s a dropped slot cut from acrylic and glued to the back at the bottom. Since it’s a magnetic back I also have to beef up the magnetic holding power by adding extra magnets glued to the metal plate with JB weld.

They look great! I have thought of making pins for my fellow nurses at work but in the OR, everything has to be fire retardant so wood is definitely out.

@HalfNormal you can get two tone acrylic to laser engrave. The top layer is one color but when you engrave it the engraving shows a different color underneath.

@Nedman Playing with two tone acrylic is on my todo list. Just need to get around to purchasing some.

@HalfNormal lol mine to :slight_smile:

We’re do you get two tone?

@donkjr Here is one of several sources.

https://www.inventables.com/categories/materials/acrylic?utf8=✓&selected_filters[Effect][]=2+color

But does not acrylic burn way nastier than wood?
Or is that flame retardant treated acrylic?

Look into Johnson plastics and b.f. plastics. They have what I use for the pocket badges for lodge.

@y2kvfr Very nice!