MakerBase SGen to replace SKR 1.3 (DIY Laser Engraver 6Watt)

Good day.

I recently launched my engraver. But I am not satisfied with his work on the Marlin firmware. It has no dynamic power change. So I decide to buy MakerBase SGen. This topic made me think for this. There cprezzi talking about SBase.

Has anyone tried to run GRBL-lpc on MakerBase SGen? As I can see SGen ~= SBase. But I’m not sure that pin-out the same (I’m not so good at electronics)

As I understand SKR 1.3 not compatible with grbl-lpc due pinout, so I forced to look towards other boards.

Can anyone share information about compatibility of these boards?
And some info for start to make grbl-lpc works good on SGen (SBase)
My setup now:
Big Tree Teck SKR v.1.3 + Marlin 2.0
LaserWEB4 (only as CNC GCode sender)
6Watt 445-460 Laser NUMB47A!

sgen 8bit sbase 32bit

Hello, @ccfly
I am sure that you are wrong. Based on this link SGen is 32bit.
Probably you are confused with this board MakerBase Gen

yea gen l is 8bit
that sgen look like sbase maybe new batch new name

I just noticed this thread. Alexandr, that is a very handsome X-Y movement. I have been grappling with an X-Y setup of my own. Do you have pictures of the details of how the belts attach to the moving carriages that you could share?

Accourding to the PDF of Makerbase (https://github.com/makerbase-mks/Datasheet/blob/master/English%20datasheet/MKS%20SGen%20Datasheet.pdf) the MKS SGEN V1.0 is basically a SBASE with pluggable stepper drivers and no stepper current chip. So it should be compatible with grbl-LPC, but it needs a new compile with stepper current chip disabled.

ATTENTION: The MSK SGEN _L is different and NOT COMPATIBLE with grbl-LPC!