Maker Forums updated to Discourse 2.8.0.beta7: Fast edit to fix typos!

Ever noticed a typo right after you create a post or comment and want to fix just that one little thing? You are looking at the typo, but you click the little pencil icon and open up the composer and now you have to find the typo again to fix it and it’s frustrating…

No more!

Fast edits

Submit a post, only to realize you need to make a small change? With fast edits, this can be done quicker and easier than ever before. No need to open the full composer, just highlight the word(s) you need to fix, click edit, and make the change right there.

There’s lots more, take a look!

3 Likes

Ohhh nice! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fast Edit also has it’s own keyboard shortcut.

2 Likes

I’m noticing that fast edit sometimes brings up the full editor for some reason.

Yeah, I think this happens whenever there is something in the post that confuses the fast editor. For example, if there are tables. There were some notes about that in the release announcement. I’m guessing this is something that might get improved over time, but I don’t know.

2 Likes

I found that if I highlight multiple words, instead of the just the word I want to edit, it will usually bring up the fast edit window just fine.

2 Likes