Looks like a new replicape/controller board should be launching soon.

Looks like a new replicape/controller board should be launching soon. Can’t wait to see if the big thing is tackled: the price.

Originally shared by Elias Bakken

Dear G+ friends! It is with fear and joy I announce that the future of 3D printer controller boards launches on Kickstarter on Monday! I’ll be spending the next 30 days sharing whatever news I have about the campaign here, but nudge me if it gets too much : ) Meanwhile enjoy this video of what the beta testers think!
#replicape #kickstarter

“Looks like a new replicape/controller board” sounds biased, since the product is literally ‘Replicape’. Don’t get me wrong, I’m here for the latest and greatest info on controllers especially since I’m working on my first delta, it just seemed kind of odd in this group.

@Jon_Caywood ​ it’s a completely new board! New stepper drivers and lots of updates!

@ThantiK ​ the price is nicer indeed! If you are an early bird or want volume it’s really nice:)

@Elias_Bakken It looks like you’re using TMC2100s with no end-user-config breakouts? Or are the config pins controlled via software? Would love some details on how the drivers are set up, since the TMC2100 is still pretty “new” to the community.

@Ryan_Carlyle ​​ most of the config pins on the TMC2100 are tri state, so they are controlled by a shift register + some tri state buffers. That gives individual control on microtstepping and a full 8 different variations of decay modes. The schematics are available already: https://bitbucket.org/intelligentagent/replicape (i hope that’s right…)

@Elias_Bakken Awesome, thanks, will check it out.

The board is sounding very nice all around.

@Elias_Bakken Wasn’t a reprimand on the product, of course, wish you the best of luck with this new product :slight_smile:

When will it be available to
Purchase or more beta units? We could do some testing here. Jetguy has a new printer that he is using to test all the printer boards he has to compare the results.

It says on the website that their 3d-printer they use for tests is open source. Does anyone know where to find the files for it?

@Rien_Stouten ​ fleste are available, but there is no documentation. Would be great if you would build one though:) https://bitbucket.org/intelligentagent/thing

@Jon_Caywood , I said it that way because I wasn’t sure if @Elias_Bakken was electing to name it something else, or if it was just going to be a v2 or whatever.

@Elias_Bakken Would be a challenge, for sure, without proper documentation. But I love challenges. I’ll look into it.

@Elias_Bakken by the way, thank you for not using 8825s on this rev, they’re really not appropriate for 24v systems paired with low-inductance motors. (Blanking time is too long, chopping frequency is too slow.) I think the Trinamics should work pretty well in spreadcycle mode.

It funded in about 8 hours. They are almost out of the board only awards. I’m looking forward to using it.