Looking for advice, cutting thin sheet aluminium 1.6mm ish looking to cut through the

Looking for advice, cutting thin sheet aluminium 1.6mm ish looking to cut through the sheet has any one done anything like this? I’m thinking it might bend up where it’s cut. I was going to pre drill holes maybe every 100mm or so in it and screw it to the scraficial board on my router. Maybe easier to use hand tools it’s a one off job.

Maybe try a single contact adhesive spray.

If you can screw it down to your sacrifice sheet that would help. My advice would be to use 12mm/16mm mdf and screw it on top. Sure you have to cut true the mdf which will make your tool path time longer but it will stop the aluminium from bending up.

Someone else asked the same these days somewhere here on G+ and the best option seemed to sandwich Al sheet in two thin MDF/plywood boards with “laminate glue”

Sandwich it between two moderately thin mdf boards and cut this way…

I use a metal shear that is like a heavy guillotine for stuff like that.

If it’s straight cuts get a blade for a skill type saw. Allot of boat builders use 40tooth carbide tipped blades with a thin kerf

As a professional machinist when I machine thin material I sandwich it between two pieces of aluminum. In your case you could use two pieces of Plexiglas, set the depth of your cutter to go though the top piece and your work piece then only about half way though the bottom piece. I use this method a lot with excellent results.