Looking for a mentor / adviser.

Looking for a mentor / adviser. Recently purchased and assembled a Tronyx X5S - 400x400x400.

Now I need to complete the process of built machine to first print. I’ve read that this involves flashing hardware, slicers, etc. I’m a super noob when it comes to this stuff.

When explaining, assume you are talking to an idiot - because you are! Thanks in advance!

I’m pretty sure that you don’t have to flash the electronics before use. Mine came ready to print.

You just need to install a slicer program on your computer like ‘Cura’, ‘Slic3r’ or ‘Simplify3d’ (this last one is not free but really good).

If you want to print from your computer you probably need to install some drivers, allthough i always print from micro sd card. Then no computer is needed.

Just slice your model and export it to the micro sd card (formatted as fat32 on a windows machine).
Plug it into the sd card reader of your printer and turn it on. In the menu preheat your printer and when the temp. has been reached go into the menu again and choose print from sd. Choose the file you sliced and it wil start.

Ofcourse you need to make sure that your bed is at exactly the right height and level. But that is covered in many videos and tutorials on the web.

In my case the wires from the power supply to the electronics got very hot while in use, also the heatbed wires. I replaced mine with a thicker wire (2.5mm stranded wire). Do not leave your printer alone with the standard wires!

Also the heatbed was not soldered properly and only half of rhe bed was heated. In this case you need to brigde two contacts on the bed with a piece of wire and solder. (This will be hard because the thick aluminium bed will draw away all the heat from the soldering iron. Therefor you need to preheat the aluminium with a torch. You don’t want it red hot, but just gently heat it until the solder melts with use of the soldering iron.)

Thanks man! Successful first test print! I’m fired up.