Lens upgrade

Has anyone tried these expensive new lenses that focus the beam tighter? Does it mean more cutting power for less watts or just neater cuts?

The high resolution laser heads are primarily used for photo engraving (They allow for a higher dpi, so more detail) They can be used for cutting thin materials and will allow you to increase the speed dramatically as the beam density is higher. I manufacture the Beam Buddy high resolution laser head. More information can be found at https://shop.beambuddy.xyz

2 Likes

I am using it for very small and detailed cutting work, not engraving, but like the idea of a tighter beam as some of the materials bubble a little at the cut.

The kerf is incredibly thin, and cutting up to 3mm thick material is reasonable, thicker than that and the edge of the material will have a noticeable angle to it.

2 Likes

About 300 micron is the thickest I use for the detailed work so not likely to be an issue, with the current lens it leaves a little raised edge all around the cut so I can’t use the materials I want with it.

2 Likes