Laserweb3 not seeing USB serial port Installed laserweb3 per wiki Installed smoothie windows serial

Laserweb3 not seeing USB serial port

Installed laserweb3 per wiki

Installed smoothie windows serial drivers, no problem connecting to com6 with hyper terminal. Get the smoothie OK prompt and can issue commands. Exit hyper terminal

Open command prompt.
Start node server.js

Open Chrome>>>Localhost:8000

Drop down menu for selecting serial port is empty

I also did
npm install serialport
npm install

A second time to make sure it was installed
Reboot does not help

???

+Peter van der Walt

No errors in the node command prompt

Smoothieboard drivers installed no errors

+Peter van der Walt
Refresh doesn’t populate.

This is the log, I cleared it but these message quickly pop up.

Chrome 55.0.2883.87 64 bit

+Peter van der Walt

Anti virus is Microsoft security essential
Turned of windows firewall. Restated node.js and chrome. No change Reboot PC. No change. Socket is still closed.

I think I’ll give up on this laptop and retry on another one when I get home from work. That one had win7 reinstalled a couple weeks ago so fresh laptop.

Thanks for trying.

+Peter van der Walt

Reinstalled on another laptop. All is fine and I can connect to the smoothie just fine.

Thank you

This has happened to me on occasion. Unplugged and reconnecting the USB plug fixes it.

I have the same problem here with LaserWeb and earlier in Printrun. I wonder if its my MAC because every time I connected on Printrun it was a modem that ended in a different number (/dev/cu.usbmodem11 for example). Here in LaserWeb I click the refresh enough and it offers me a new port ending in a new number, but I am not able to Jog, dont seem to be connected. Looks like this on the LaserWeb page::/dev/cu.usbmodem16. System info tells me I do have a connection with the SmoothieBoard. I am vexted. Thank you for listening everyone.