laser module pins etc.

I’m just i’m just curious Fred27, If you do have these changes documented any where and if you are seeing any advantages by doing so? I’m really interested to know. I’m just setting up my k40 want to squeeze all the control I can get at the low end of the laser power.

Also, if I want to go to single pin, TTL needs to be low for the laser to fire at all, do you just ground it?

I’m thinking to avoid confusion maybe some where in the Wiki it should say what to do with the TTL pin even if smoothie doesn’t use it. I know some power supplies ether need a active high or active low to fire the laser. I know from my experience connecting this incorrectly can leave you with a laser cutter firing at full power as soon as the power supply is switched on.

There’s nothing in the way of documentation other than what’s here. To be honest, there’s not much happening other than another pin which is active on cutting (i.e. G1, G2, G3 moves). The standard build of Smoothie has no TTL output, so the TTL input on the laser is tied to ground (i.e. active) and it’s all done via PWM.

This doesn’t really give an advantage at low power. Pulsed cutting is what I want to work on next and that should. Too much other stuff in the way so no progress on this yet. Sorry.