King of Cool + Marquetry

Haven’t posted in a while; most of the topics are way above my pay grade and far beyond my intellect…Anyhow, I’ve been working with veneers a little bit, and I always wanted to try a portrait using marquetry techniques. Think I got pretty close (it’s James Dean). I’m going to TRY to transfer the image to a cheap LP knockoff. We’ll see how that works.

3 Likes

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. :grinning:

2 Likes

Please keep sharing the art! The only way more art content shows up is by being shared. :grinning:

I have no artistic skills to speak of, so I love to see what others can do.

2 Likes

Way cool!

A long time ago I was searching for a veneer on eBay. I was surprised that how many kits there are to make veneer art.

2 Likes

If someone were to put a gun to my head and issued an ultimatum that either I draw a dog or die, I’d be finishing it with St. Peter. But that’s the amazing thing about Corel and PS; it let’s you tap into your creativity by moving a mouse around.

3 Likes

Veneers are ridiculously cheap on Amazon (small veneers, anyhow). I got an impressive selection of exotic woods for about 30 bucks.

3 Likes

Really nice, I have pondered starting this style of art but I do not need another consuming hobby. I even bought a scroll saw that sits in the side of my shop whining for use and of course a K40… :(.

BTW:

Experience resulting from failure is often mistaken as intelligence!

2 Likes