Killed my skr v1.3 and tmc5160

So I was troubleshooting poor layer alignment on the skr v1.3 (running Marlin 2.0) and qty:4 TMC5160 that I was testing on my Eustathios. I accidentally plugged a driver back in reversed and it apparently killed the board and drivers. Anyone that is a good sparky want to play with them to bring it back to life, if so it’s yours. I assume it sent power in the out hole on components and cooked something, but I just bought another skr and dropped in some LV8729 drivers I had laying around. Nice thing is the printer is working better with the LV8729 than it did on the tmc5160, so I will just be continuing with those.

In my experience that is a big death death and there is nothing left to fix.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. But wanted to check if anyone wanted them before they hit the recycling center :slight_smile:

Fair enough, I suppose someone might have the desire to rework the main processor. I no longer do, but I have in the past.

Nice thing is the printer is working better with the LV8729 than it did on the tmc5160,

I will save myself the trouble of ordering the TMCs and I will use the LV8729 I have on hand. Thanks for sharing that info.

Sorry about your board, I am really liking the SKR 1.3.

1 Like