K40 Water Pump flow

Hello again,

I haven’t posted for a while. I’ve had my K40 for sometime and have been doing various upgrades before I’d even turned it on ! Good news is, yesterday I powered it up and test fired and it worked (I’m amazed as it was sold on Amazon as a 40w machine, but only has the 600mm tube).

Anyway, to the point. I have a temp sensor in my coolant - and while raster engraving I watched the temperature climb to over 22c. So I bought a cooling system to put in line and a new pump (I don’t trust the chinese one). But then I thought - hey - have I bought the right pump ?

I’ve had a search on here - but couldn’t find anyone mention the L/H figure - so mine is 1500 L/H - anyone know if that’s about right ?

B.T.W. I’m going to post my Arduino Z table (and source code) soon - table is controlled by LCD screen - it’s nice - works well.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Here is what I have:

1 Like

Thanks don,

That works out at 700 L/H - maybe im over powered …

The laser tube makers recommend water at 18-20C (64-68F) and about 1 liter per minute. Actually, the laser tube designers for the K40 laser tube didn’t say a word about it, because no one knows who exactly they are. The 18-20C temp is a common recommendation from other laser tube makers, and the 1 L/m is based on commercially available 80-100W tubes. But they’re really good guesses.

1 Like

Thanks Michael

1 Like