K40 on eBay for $49.99?

So I saw an add for Glowforge on Facebook awhile back and it was my first introduction to laser cutting. Its way out of my budget right now. So I’ve been reading a lot about the K40 which is in my budget. I’ve been browsing eBay for one and came across some for $49.99 today. Of course it seems too good to be true but I ordered one anyway. If I never get it, I’ll just get my money back from eBay. Wish me luck that I actually get it and it is as described. Not sure what I’ll make with it yet, but looking forward to trying it out if I do actually get it. They’re selling like hotcakes on there so I’m not the only sucker apparently.

Seller’s listing https://www.ebay.com/sch/hongchen_l/m.html has a tremendous number of items listed at that price. That seems… unlikely. Lots of other “deals” there too. :roll_eyes:

Thanks. I came to my senses in time to cancel my order. I noticed a couple other things like free shipping which is not realistic given the weight and the shipping method is only for light packages less than 4 lbs. I wish people could just be honest.

I still want to buy one though. It is suspicious if the price is in the $275-$300 range? Can anyone recommend a reliable seller? I’ll go with a US seller too.

I did post some amazing deal found on eBay on Mac mini, later find out it was a hack eBay account, possibly a ex staff revenge. Got refunded swiftly.

A k40 at 275/300 $ is the right price, check eBay rating before buying.

This seller has a good enough reputation across enough buyers that I expect either it’s the same kind of thing that happened to @StephaneBUISSON or simply a mistake using the software they use to manage their eBay listings or even a bug in that software…