K40 - MKS SBase 1.3 Wiring Diagram

Hi everyone, new here, new to the K40 and lasers in general, however i’ve been an avid 3d printer for a couple of years now.

I have an un-used sbase 1.3 lying around and i’ve seen that its possible to use this on my new k40 in order to use lightburn and have more control than K40 whisperer offers, however im having a hard time finding much info regarding getting it all connected.

If possible, could someone please share with me a wiring diagram for enabling this if you would be so kind?

Welcome to the forum!

I can’t help with the wiring diagram, but sharing one other piece of information that is relatively new… If you are interested in exploring other software options as well, you might want to play with Meerk40t, which can also work with the m2nano controller. See the latest release at MeerK40t 0.6.0 released! or browse the whole MeerK40t category

I’d certainly say at least try MeerK40t, if you want a bit more control over that stuff.

It’s totally possible to wire an sbase to use it as a controller. But, none of the plugs are plug that easily transfer over. I wired up a Moshiboard (reverse engineering project) a little while back and even for that I had to make a wire for the power since and it’s basically just a last generation controller. Looking at the various wires needed for both that’s a lot of changes are needed. You’re not looking at many standardized plugs. It’s one of the reasons for the pretty high pricetag on the C3D controller since it does quick laser mod switching with plug and play.

For references. Maybe on the X and Y, no on the power. Other ones dunno.

1 Like

I helped someone a long time ago with an Sbase. Here is a link and my notes page.

These are for an older version but it can get you started.

https://tkkrlab.nl/wiki/MKS_SBASE_Smoothie

1 Like

Sorry to drag up an old thread,
I e read just about everything I can, I’ve a sbase 1.3 with smoothie setup for laser, I build 3d printers so getting it moving right was easy, but… This laser beam stuff​:grin::grin:, do I just need 2 wires from the sbase to the laser power supply, one for laser enable, pin negative from hotend (heatbed MOSFET let out the magic smoke), and a pwm from the fan ?? I assume the negative again, and just let the config file know which pin is which

I’m new to invisible death ray laser eye burny stuff

I’ve left the digital panel installed, and I have a amp meter already installed and reading correctly

It’s ok, found the answer, pin 2.4! Negative to lps-l and pwm frequency to 400 so no noisy squeaky screeching, now to play some more later and tidy the wires up, thanks for all the posts on this forum, you guys have all the knowledge

So is your problem solved and your are good?

Yeah, all seems good thank you, I over complicated it in my head