K40 mks SBASE 1.3 and grbl lpc

Hi everyone I have installed the mks s base 1.3 card on my k40 it communicates the machine performs the movements.but when I perform the work with the help of the laser tube the machine stalls and I have to reset the card by clicking on the reset button. this problem occurs only when the laser beam is on, while if I send it to processing with the tube off, the machine ends the I work without problems. Can you help me? I’m going crazy. Via I attach photos of the links

Is this a picture of a working configuration?
I do not see AC power to the LPS?
Where does the black wire that comes from the LPS right-hand connector go?

How is the laser being controlled by the control board?

I would check/verify all power connections to the MKS are solid and then check/verify the common ground/negative wire between the MKS power supply and the LPS ground are solid.

Just a hunch but do you have a 5K or 10K POT controlling the voltage on LPS-IN as opposed to a 1K POT? I was having similar issues along with noticing my laser power was dropping when I enabled the laser(button ON). Found LPS 5V was sagging slightly when I hit the Laser Enable button and eventually replacing the POT with a 1K seemed to fix both problems. I don’t know why but maybe coincidence.

I managed to solve it by connecting a cable to the frame of the machine that connects to the input -24 of the mks and consequently to the psu of the pipe after this change the machine works Well. another question you recommend to set the ste to 1/16 or 1/32?

So as I understand it you added a ground connection from the LPS to the controller?
Is that correct?

1 Like

That’s what I got from it too only the ground was provided by using the chassis as the electrical conduit for the common ground.

@Cama_Work
If the above is true it would be better if you connected a ground wire from each of:

• LPS
  • Controller

…to a common point in the frame.

I typically put a fastener in the frame and run a wire with a soldered ring tongue to that fastener with star washers between each of the ring tongues.

2 Likes

I did exactly as you said thanks for your help

So we can mark this “solved” ???

Yes, the problem has been solved