K40 losing power

it looks like it is arcing around the side of the silver cap , I have taken a closer look and there is a small burn mark where the arc is hitting , so I would agree with you on the issue more than likely being the tube.
looks like I will have to get a new one ordered up.
Thank you very much for your help and I will let you know how it goes when I get the new tube.

Hi Don , just to give you an update , new tube came today and is now fitted.
To say it solved the problem is an understatement , I don’t think the original tube was 100% when the cutter was new , with the new tube the plasma is purple and I can now cut 3mm ply in a single pass @ 30% power, much finer cut and no burning.
Thanks again for your assistance and I hope this post helps anyone with the same issue.

2 Likes

Can you give us some details on what tube you bought and from whom?

HI Don
The make of tube is VEVOR , I purchased in from ebay , this is the listing on ebay

2 Likes

Hello. When you you receive the tube, can you post some pictures with it? I am looking at the tube from the Ebay link and it`s the same brand (KH laser) with my tube who died after around 50 hours of work. Did you get any warranty?

https://forum.makerforums.info/t/k40-internal-mirror-problem/80616

The Tube is already fitted in the machine ( i will try post pictures later)
the seller states 24 month warranty if defective but I guess that would have to be tested as a tube is a consumable item and I would only know if they would warrant it if it fails in that period.

tried to take a picture today but it is not possible to see any details as the label is on the underside of the tube

A post was split to a new topic: Please help me know whether my tube is bad