K40 laser cutters rock,finaly after lots of mods and new focal lens my cutter

K40 laser cutters rock,finaly after lots of mods and new focal lens my cutter is cutting 3mm mdf very well.the cut is so fine i cannot push a nornmal thi cknes a4 sheet cut into a strip through the cut-it is that fine.ordered feeler gauges to measure cut width better -hoping for a cut width of 0.03mm

That’s cool :slight_smile: I like how you’ve done the “top” side of the piece is actually the back, so the charring is kind of hidden on the final product. Smart move.

I stiltl loke the way it looks on burnt side,getting to the limit to how fine i can cut the mdf-1-2 mm ,if les distance between cut would leave burn marks on both sides.

The laser beam has an hour glass shape to it,and with the way i have got the work distance from the lasers focal lenes i am only using the top halfof it ,so it cuts a v shape into the mdf with the narrowerst part of the beam beeni g at the back of the work peace.[back of work peace is 50mm vrom focal lenes] if i droped my 3mm mdf 1.5mm to mzke the thinest part of the beam the middle of the mdf it would not look as clean on the back side.so for what i use my laser cutter fo i have it set up very well.

just measured with feeler gauges and my cut is 0.1mm i am very happy with this

That’s nice and thin. I’d be very happy with that too.

hello,
good job¡¡¡
What parameters you use to cut 3 mm of mdf? i have some problems to cut it

7.5 mm/sec and 15ma power ,10psi air assist-if it doesnt cut you have problems-check mirrors and focal lens and alignemt of mirrors