K40 Air Assist System Followup - Final comments

Completed my K40 air assist system ( see attached photos) . Here is a list of what I did:

1. Upsized my existing drag chain to allow 3/16" ID /9/32 OD" Silicone rubber tube.

2. Installed American Photonics upgrade lens with air assist distribution nozzle.

3. Installed a needle valve for modulated air flow and an optional bypass for full air flow on my air compressor discharge line. I have used both and depending on what specific engraving I’m doing it nice to have this option.

I have tried my new system several times and what a difference from of course no air assist at all and also from my first trial air assist nozzle that was hard to adjust .

I also purchased a reverse alignment red diode from American Photonics along with a 16 mm lens kit with a couple different nozzles for different focal length. I also have a 12 mm lens with adjustable focal length. These laser heads will also fit a future upgrade I have planned to change out my mirrors and laser head to Cloudray K series. Love the high quality laser gear American Photonics offers.

I would like to thank all who provided me feedback on my K40 air assist system. I looked at every option and used your feedback to design the best cleanest layout for K40.

Thanks all! I’m sure I will need more feedback on K40 changes as a progress ahead. Next update I plan is to install my Omtech provided Lightburn motherboard and camera.

Russa4920

5 Likes

Well done…

Thank you. Wealth of knowledge in this forum and really helped me think through the simplest and most efficient way to complete my Air assist system

1 Like