Just wanted to show off my build progress for my ord bot hadron platform,

Just wanted to show off my build progress for my ord bot hadron platform, I’m still waiting on parts like electronics and the extruder… plus I’ll have to figure out some power supply things, but for now its mostly assembled but I know ill have to take it partially apart to fix / tweak. I managed to get it all put together in about 6 hours.

I can’t wait to start printing! :slight_smile:

Where’s the kit from?

I got it from http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/3d-printer/3d-printer-mechanical-platform-no-controller

Looking pretty good. Nice work!

I think the extruder mounting plate is upside down right? I don’t see how you could get your hot end close enough unless it was very long. Other than that, it looks great!

lol it is upside down i know :), I need to take it apart and flip some parts around. My extruder is in the mail so it’s pointless at this point until more parts come in. I went with the QU-BD dual extruder despite hearing lots of mixed reviews.

Did you go that way despite the mixed reviews just because it seems like that is the most common dual extruder with the ord bot? I was looking at getting one of these printers but the reviews of the QU-BD extruder scared me away. I bet with some work they should work fine however. Worst case, you can just print a design that works and reuse the parts. :slight_smile:

I found some people who didnt seem to have issues with it, i though i would try it out, and if there are issues then maybe i can improve on it and fix em, or cannibalize the hot end which is good, its the drive gear people seem to have issues with