Just rebuilt my software tool chain after /root partion issue and now a new

Just rebuilt my software tool chain after /root partion issue and now a new install of slic3r or skienforge will create a gcode with extrusion. Any suggestions as to what I may have missed ?

That should read ‘Not create gcode with extrusion’

I’m new to 3d printing (parts for a Kossel are in the mail at this moment), so this may not be very helpful:

Have you tried running the program from a console? You may see useful error messages if you do.

Has to be a software setup issue as I can print the sample gcode file that I got with the printer. I see ‘E0xxx’ codes in the sliced files but no filament from the printer. Skienforge summary says ‘0mm filament used’. Reverted to original software (i think) but no joy. @Mark_Pictor no errors show in the terminal window running behind GUI though except ‘0mm filament’

In the printer settings of slic3r it is absolute.

Change some filament settings and I’m going again ! Slic3r !
Now to understand Skienforge …

Which front end are you using? Are you sure it’s slic3r/skeinforge and not your front end? For example: RepetierHost has a “dry run” option that will not run the extruder so you can just run the machine for testing.

It’s actually very very unlikely that slic3r and skeinforge are both causing the issue, so look elsewhere.