Just ordered a couple of things and my f1 will be ready (I hope)

Just ordered a couple of things and my f1 will be ready (I hope)

So are some really really small batteries for a 1/10 scale, don’t you think. :confused:

@TeamDogoman_Rc yes… I have a 3S 3500 mah but it doesnt fit :frowning:

Yah most standard batteries don’t fit in F1’s. That’s why most run shorty packs such as this one…

I’ve got the one in the link above.
Do I need any other batteries? (other than the one in the handset, when I get one). I’ve also re-discovered how bad my soldering is…(I hope there aren’t connectors that should have gone on the ESC!). I tried an old receiver and transmitter from an old MadCap R/C car I had from about 24 years ago… but it didn’t work… so I’m looking for a suitable 2.4GHz receiver and transmitter, which doesn’t have expensive shipping (like the HobbyCraft one). Any thoughts?

@P_Dorrington wow those connections are bad😬. Lol though that used to be me😄

Ha ha! Hopefully practice will help!

Just apply heat tothe pad and the wire, then start pushing the solder to the wire, pad and soldering iron (if the solder is touching the three at the same time is better). When there is enough solder, keep the soldering iron in the solder join for about 2 or 3 second (just to be sure that the solder is flowing perfect).

The solder join must be shiny, if not, it will be a low temperature solder. (You can increase time or soldering temperature to fix it)

Luis, excellent, thank you!

@P_Dorrington you’re welcome!