Just messing around with some scrap wood.

Just messing around with some scrap wood.

150 speed and around 4 mA…and it’s still around 1/8 of an inch deep.

Looks like piece of an old pine fence picket. I use them all the time to test on before engraving on more expensive wood

Lol…it’s a pine pallet slat…
Good eye man.

That’s a nice depth of engraving. Looks really cool.

Thanks yuusuf, I was surprised it turned out that deep because I had the power cut way down…I guess I found the sweet spot with the alignment of the mirrors and lens.

@Scott_Thorne I’d say that & a slower speed allows it to burn on the same spot for longer. I’ll test those settings later on with some scrap leather to see how much difference it makes compared to my normal settings (6mA @ 500mm/s).

The engrave speed is 150

@Scott_Thorne is that 150mm/s?

Yes yuusuf it’s mm/s.

That was the speed it was set on when I got it, I just did some engraving with it set to 300mm/s and it turned out very well and took half the time…Thanks for the tip Yuusuf!

@Scott_Thorne You’ll find the faster the speed, the lower the depth of the engrave. I’ve got mine set too fast, so my depth is not what I want. I will have to slow down to something like 300mm/s also.

I’ve been checking out my mirror alignment and its off a little…the beam is coming out of the head cocked to one side, cutting at an angle, I’m going to set it up again.