Just interesting looking effect )) It is old video,

fastled-random
gplus
(варешяф рйезот) #1

Just interesting looking effect )) It is old video, but may be somebody do not have seen it.

Sorry for pore English,

(Marc Miller) #2

Did you post this to the wrong group?
Nothing to do with FastLED, although it is a similar effect you can see in a Fibonacci spiral.

(варешяф рйезот) #3

I’m sorry if somebody is ugly for this post.
You are right - its like Fibonacci. I’m interested of Fibonacci project of Jason Coon.
When I try to explain how he calcs arrays, I read many books about phyllotaxis.
In Fibonacci principle - there are a lot of interesting things, some of them Jason are realized.
I post this video thinking, may be someone would wonder this looks and use something like this in code. )) Sorry for offtopic.
If somebody want to read about FIbonacci math - he can look to my cloud folder with some articles and books, that I found in Internet. There are English and Russian materials.
Sorry for pore English.

(Marc Miller) #4

Hope you get some LEDs lighting up in these interesting patterns. :slight_smile:

(варешяф рйезот) #5

@marmil thanks, I’m trying, but my coding skills is very-very bad (
If it is interesting - this is my version of Jason Fibonacci project with 200 leds.
I work more on it, now it is undone

All I did - just understand how Jason calculating arrays. And this helps me to make larger matrix. It work on ESP8266, with working WiFi (for vars manipulating) on 200 leds ESP gives 100-120 FPS. Not bad )

And I want to add one more link ) It is not directly about FastLED, but I think it may be also interesting for somebody.

https://graphics.stanford.edu/~seander/bithacks.html

It is simple and maximal quick data manipulation algorithms. FastLED is very quick library, and may be this link helps fore somebody to realize something interesting.
For me - It is very hard to understand and use this tricks. But may be someone find them useful.
Thanks!
https://graphics.stanford.edu/~seander/bithacks.html#ConditionalSetOrClearBitsWithoutBranching