Just finished this 3D printed instrument panel complete with 3d printed rubber keyboard with

Just finished this 3D printed instrument panel complete with 3d printed rubber keyboard with conductive keypads. all painted up and ready to function just like the real thing will do.

What are the conductive pads ? Silver paint ?

oh

HI henner, Yes bang on! Three coats of conductive silver paint; works really. When you are applying the paint you must keep the liquid agitated, so it does not settle out.

Awesome! I love replacing and customizing stuff with 3D printing, can you provide the source?

That looks like a scope panel?

Nice! I just love the endless creativity that 3d printing opens up for people.

Why rubber? It’s been inroduced to make keyboards manufacturing cheaper. With 3d printer you could do better.

You should have flipped it over for a front panel shot! Looks great from this angle though.

You printed the rubber? Which filament? Printer?

Was it made on an Objet?

are those electrical contacts just like the ones inside my remote control for cable?

I would love to have that ability and creativity to create objects from scratch and print them. But I am very bad for 3D apps.

@Carsten_Wartmann Hi Carsten, The rubber simulant keyboard was printed on a polyjet system from stratasys.

@Jeff_DeMaagd Hi Jeff, Bang on!

@Martin_Luther Hi, Yes pretty much, they were hand painted with conductive silver paint.

@Alex_Koukarine Hi Alex, Not sure what you mean. All parts in the image apart from my hand were printed on a 3D printer. The keyboard made from a rubber simulant called Tango Black plus FLX980. The shell printed in Semi Transparent 720 then over sprayed with acrylic paint. To produce a mould for the same keyboard for evaluation purposes would cost around 7/8 grand, this keyboard came in at £71.00 and it is fully functional as the design incorporates key button return skirts.

@Slice_3D seems you missed my request, any chance you can post a link to the STL files or any source files?

@Adam_Steinmark It was printed on a Stratasys, so they own the IP of the STL’s now… :wink:

@Mr_Bonce Not sure why you would think this?