Just arrived: 2, 12 ft 3030 beams.

Just arrived: 2, 12 ft 3030 beams.

Zoro.com. Or I actually got some 8020 stuff through Walmart.comhttp://Zoro.com

I purchased them off eBay

I gotta cut them ASAP to get them off the front porch

Couple bicycle hooks in the garage will get them stored for awhile…or above the rafters.

Don’t cut them till you are 110 percent sure on your design!

Yes, I’m sure about the design, but I am trying to be careful as 2 of the beams I purchased are different sizes. Therefore, I’ve needed to make sure which cuts go on which rails.

I decided to make the Y rails 1400 mm rather than 1200 mm as I had some extra railing ( though the lead screws will still be only 1200 mm). It will make it the screws easier to mount (plus I will be able to cut off excess if needed/can’t add only subtract). The gantry & X rails remain the same as I’ve calculated the length of the x gantry rails (1152.4 mm) so they will reach the gantry plates, plus the height of the linear rails and blocks when they are attached to the side of the Y rails. The extra length of the Y rails won’t affect the table as the rails that support the table will each be reinforced with leg supports.

I wanted to upload a CAD model of the design, but I haven’t entirely figured out how to put it all on Fusion. I’ve gone over it so much in my head, I have it firmly implanted.

Good Luck - lots of trial and error. but that’s how you learn