John Lauer , I like this new setup.

@jlauer , I like this new setup. Best part: it works on my home VMs, which is where I do all software development and testing, both work and hobby. JSFiddle blocked ChiliPeppr from working in my normal development flow. I just had to tweak a couple minor things so it would serve locally and wouldn’t hit GitHub until I’m ready to push.

You never needed to use JSFiddle if you didn’t want to. ChiliPeppr is based on the chilipeppr.load() method which is a lot like React.js’s ReactDOM.render() method where you have to give it the object and a DOM element to insert it into. The difference is that chilipeppr.load() expects a URL of content and a DOM element to insert it into. That’s still the way it works today.

Is there a way to stop it from slingshotting addresses on my local network?

You mean how chilipeppr.load() actually loads the URL through the ChiliPeppr servers to create a protection of not depending on 3rd party servers by creating a cache? You can specify ?forcerefresh=true in your URL of your browser window to force a cache refresh each time. If you mean to have it load directly and not via the ChiliPeppr /geturl method then you would be entering the realm of customization and then you should just override the chilipeppr.load() Javascript method in your own code.

The last part. It It looks like chilipeppr.load() does more than $(“#id”).load(“url”, callback). Where does chilipeppr.load’s source live, so I can see how to override it?

Just found it. I tried looking for it on GitHub. Instead I found it in the debugger.

Ok, cool.