Job finished, but interface does not become active again. Msg "Waiting for the laser to finish"

Hi all,
my K40 worked perfectly with K40 Whisperer. I was able to finish a lot of different jobs. But now after finishing the job, the interface does not become active again. This happens with all sorts of different svg-files. No button, except stopping the laser, is clickable. The status bar displays the message “Waiting for the laser to finish”, but it never happens.
I’m using version 0.60 on Windows 7, but it won’t depend on this, since it was working before.
Any hint is appreciated :slight_smile:
Josh

The laser sends a provides a “finished” message one time after the job is complete. If that message is missed, K40 Whisperer will continue to wait. If that happens the way to recover is to click the Stop button and terminate the job. This action should result in K40 Whisperer enabling all the buttons again.

If this is happening often there is likely poor communication between the computer and laser. Bad USB cable or some other issue that might eventually lead to messed up jobs. (i.e getting stuck on timeouts or a missed command that ruins alingment)

Scorch

1 Like

Good to know! Something tells me I should remember this for future reference.

1 Like