I've spied these on banggood recently.

I’ve spied these on banggood recently. They aren’t as cheap as the hobbyking diffs however, hobbyking charge for postage so it works out more to buy from hobbyking than it is from banggood. I’m considering getting one to replace my always failing plastic diffs.

This for the truggy? Anyone ever find a US substitute for the axles?

Yeah, for the Truggy. I’m looking to try it out soon as the motor that I’m using is just too powerful and it keeps stripping the teeth from the gears. It looks to be the same size as the printed truggy diff so all being well it should only need a little modification. Just need to find a suitable pinion gear.

Let us know how it works, it would be good to know. I’ve actually made some tweaks to the original gears. Both in the design, and in the way it is printed, also in how it is assembled, and it has made a world of difference. (I’m slowly making my way through all the drive train components and tweaking for more strength and reliability). The center diff is now almost bullet proof in Taulman Nylon 910. The thing to know with gears, whether its metal or nylon, if it’s not aligned properly (or the gear profile is not correct), they WILL fail. Example, your first layer is squished into the bed for good adhesion right? Well, that causes the first layer to have a large diameter than the rest. When both the diff gear and pinion gear have this, you can never get full engagement and the gears will wear faster. So you have to fix that first. Then make sure your motor doesn’t shift while operating. Mine is also in 910, nice and slippery, so no matter how tight the motor mount screws were, it would slip. I used some star washers and that seems to be working. Something more positive though would be better. Also, as you crank down those motor mounting screws, the printed mount tens to bow, actually in the right direction (more gear engagement), but then I mount it to the chassis, which opens the mount back up, increasing the spacing between the gears. Honestly, I could go on all day about this! Care in printing and assembly is the key. Check out my center diff mod on thingiverse. It’ a locked diff, which I think is better for overall drivetrain strength and not an issue on gravel, dirt, etc (another future rant), plus it has a coarser mod for stronger gears. Also tweaked to help with the squished first layer issue (not the motor pinion gear, so print that on a raft and it will help). If you’re printing with 910, the rafts are difficult to remove because of the strong layer adhesion. The pinion is small enough and space behind it is not critical if you don’t clean it up too good. Working now on front and rear diff strength. Should have something up in a few days hopefully.

@Nigel_Nichols Def. interested in your results.

So am I, haven’t ordered it yet! I’m trying to find a matching SST gear. I think I’ve found one but it’ll be some time before I get round to it.

Nice notice. Hopefully they are 100% compatible without modification, or small modification.