I've had some issues flashing firmware as of late and it may just come

reprap
gplus
(Joshua Taylor) #1

I’ve had some issues flashing firmware as of late and it may just come down to a faulty ramps board. I wondered if it mattered or was required to have both the USB connection and the PSU powering at the same time as flashing. It’s been nearly 7 months since my last update but I’m pretty sure I had the power supply plugged in at that time. Basically I get a successful upload confirmation but none of my hosts I try can find the printer and I’ve also gone back and tried Marlin, sprinter, and repetier via the firmware builder. Driving me nuts.

(Griffin Paquette) #2

Nope you don’t need the PSU for the arduino 2560. Are you sure you didn’t change the baud rate?

(Joshua Taylor) #3

I’m not sure what happened but I noticed no matter what port I plugged into my com always said 6 in the arduino interface even if the device manager read 5. So I used another PC and after getting everything reinstalled I was able to finally flash it correctly and get stepper motor communication . But I will note that (No PSU) for future reference. I’m not sure about the other computer I may have to reinstall drivers again to get it to communicate cause it still won’t connect on that PC.