I've been printing with this transparent ABS from Zen Toolworks (sold through Amazon),

I’ve been printing with this transparent ABS from Zen Toolworks (sold through Amazon), and I really like the plastic. It performs well and looks great (more a very translucent white than transparent once extruded), but it’s really poorly spooled and tends to tangle, so it takes a lot of babysitting (especially when you’re feeding it as fast as I am!).
http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B009LDWST8/?tag=dp-us-20

No 3mm eh? "(especially when you’re feeding it as fast as I am!) <-- that is funny. Nice. Sounds like a respooling rig is in order

Out of curiosity, how fast are you feeding it?

That’s what she said. I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it. Back on topic. 100mm/s, 150?

I’m actually not sure. I’m telling the machine to print at 900mm/s (300mm/s in the settings, then use M220 S300 to tripple the speed), but the acceleration settings are keeping it from reaching that speed. It’s really flying and really spitting plastic. I unspool a few feet of filament at a time and its gone in no time.

Actually printing an object or extrusion tests? Yikes! Like some kind of slow pain weapon!

…wow. Is this on the RepRap Wallace, or another machine you’re working on?

That’s the feed (movement) speed. Not sure how it is calculating the extruder speed from that, but it’s fast.

That’s on a modified Bukobot.

It is Open Source but following the trend of unavailable sources?

@Whosa_whatsis what is layer height and nozzel diamter? mm^3/s nozzel rate is a prefect printing speed value

The nozzle diameter is .35mm, and I’ve mostly been printing .2-.3mm layers so far.