I've been having some issues getting smooth edges on overhang angles.

3d-faq
3d-qa
3d-help
gplus
(John Schneider) #1

I’ve been having some issues getting smooth edges on overhang angles. For some of this I thought it was overextrusion, so I very carefully calibrated my extruder and measured my filament, and now on the print currently going, it’s still creating a rough, blobby overhang. Any thoughts? Printing on my Printrbot Jr, 1.75 Ultimachine translucent blue PLA at 180 degrees, 0.2mm layer height.

(Lily Su) #2

Try cranking your temperature down or up 10 degrees. I’m used to running 3mm PLA at 215C

(Andres Huertas) #3

yeah, also consider one filament (or color) can behave differently than others. some are more or less forgiving. i had a translucent blue PLA like this (also ultimachine, but 3mm) and it was a pain compared to other colors (or ABS)

(Whosawhatsis) #4

That’s funny, I find that the transparent blue filament performs better than most Ultimachine PLA.

(Andres Huertas) #5

I had the transparent green that worked great and then i switched to the blue and printed the same parts. (chess set) had all sorts of trouble. couldn’t use the same gcode of course, eventually got it. This was a long while back (2 years or so)