I've been having some issues getting smooth edges on overhang angles.

I’ve been having some issues getting smooth edges on overhang angles. For some of this I thought it was overextrusion, so I very carefully calibrated my extruder and measured my filament, and now on the print currently going, it’s still creating a rough, blobby overhang. Any thoughts? Printing on my Printrbot Jr, 1.75 Ultimachine translucent blue PLA at 180 degrees, 0.2mm layer height.

Try cranking your temperature down or up 10 degrees. I’m used to running 3mm PLA at 215C

yeah, also consider one filament (or color) can behave differently than others. some are more or less forgiving. i had a translucent blue PLA like this (also ultimachine, but 3mm) and it was a pain compared to other colors (or ABS)

That’s funny, I find that the transparent blue filament performs better than most Ultimachine PLA.

I had the transparent green that worked great and then i switched to the blue and printed the same parts. (chess set) had all sorts of trouble. couldn’t use the same gcode of course, eventually got it. This was a long while back (2 years or so)