I've been having problems with print quality on my Felix 3.0,

I’ve been having problems with print quality on my Felix 3.0, and switched to using Kisslicer. Soooo much better.

What were you using before?

What he said

I found the same when I tried kisslicer, so much better after using slic3r or cura

My experience with Kisslicer and Cura was just the opposite… I could never get either dialed in like I did with Slic3r.

the last version of kisslicer (beta…) is one year old…

actually Slic3r can be used with any printer, which accepts g-code. And it is one of the best.

I have been using Slic3r. Each has a few unique features and controls, but Kisslicer seems to produce better paths.

very interesting the varying experiences. I have not tried kisslicer yet but will compare it to Slic3r

I haven’t tried Kisslicer either, must give it ago…

Kisslicer has fewer knobs, but all of the important ones are there. The UI is a bit clunky. I much prefer the pan/zoom/rotation interface. The automatic part packing works well enough, but doesn’t allow you to rearrange the parts manually (or I have not figured it out yet). “Read the documentation” you suggest. “Bah!” I say (waving hand), “Documentation is for sissies.”

Last night’s print:
Google Photos

Looks pretty good. How does it compare to Slic3r ?

I’m a big fan of Kisslicer as well. Its fast, easy to use and excellent at just about everything except bridging.

Which version of Kisslicer do you recommend using?

I’m using the stable.

It’s a 3.0 dual. I melted one of the isolators before I got around to making them work together. The stock Felix extruder is a clever assembly, but the thermal design is a failure. Instead of replacing the PEEK isolator, I bought a E3D Chimera and am working on a new extruder assembly:

I also find that Slic3r crosses paths with multiple parts, and Kisslicer is much more efficient about choosing extrusion order and reducing extra motion.