I've been getting some warping issues with ABS recently.

@Yomi_Colledge I have heard of people trying aluminum foil between the heated bed and the glass. They claimed it spread the heat out more. I imagine it would require increasing the bed temp though because alot of heat may be directed back at the bed. I also imagine any aluminum foil should be trimmed to smaller than the bed or the glass.

The position that I was referring to for the aluminum foil is with the foil under the bed under the glass. Some sort of insulation could be on either side of the foil.

I second the ABS Slurry comment. Very very thinly wipe it on the build plate so its barely there and you’ll be fine.

If you are already using kapton at 110°c, I find that cleaning the bed with acetone and lowering the starting height for the nozzle has most effect. I’ve had prints that had to be destroyed to get them off the bed.

Gluestick. From everything we tried at Ultimaker gluestick was one of the best solutions. Works on both PLA and ABS, and one of the best in stickyness.

I’ll get some acetone tomorrow and see if I can find a glue stick in the meantime :slight_smile: