It looks like I'm ready for the beast ;)

It looks like I’m ready for the beast :wink:

Looking good. Cant wait to see the before and after :slight_smile:

A few points regarding external components and power. Can you confirm or correct ?

• the fabkit, the exhaust fan and the chiller need 230V
  • the compressor is powered by the fabkit
  • the power variation of the compressor is done by PWM the power ? Or there’s a separate command wire ?
  • the chiller and exhaust fan are autonomous and has no data/alarm/feedback exchange with the fabkit
  • exhaust fan same as chiller ?

Yes, the fabkit chiller and fan/filter require mains 230v.
compressor is on/off via a mosfet machine.
Can experiment with adjusting its speed power via the mosfet. but may not work.

chiller and exhaust are autonomous, you could hock up the chiller if you wanted for feedback etc but not really worth it.
Best leave it on throughout the day if your using it frequently. The chiller is not nosily but It will make a lot of noise if somthing is not working (alarm) but you need to make sure its on.

I have it switched on and plug all the devices into one spiltter with a switch so when i turn that on all the machine and extras are on.

exhaust fan same as chiller??

Fan and chiller switches, check.
Engraved on the cnc with laserweb
missing/deleted image from Google+

love it :smiley: really nicely done. Im starting to think your FabKit might be better assembled than ours! :wink:

I might just have to steal this design for my table, nice one @Maxime_Favre

Can share CAD files if needed.

@Maxime_Favre I probably need to adapt it a little to fit into my space. But I like how you’ve done the wheels. That saves a lot of height. What are you using to switch the chiller and fan on/off? Been searching for some proper switches, but most don’t allow that much current …

It’s Eaton industrial stuff. I order it through work at stupid price. You probably can find a local dealer or check Farnell. There’s probably a chinese kind too but can’t say about quality. You don’t need that much current: the chiller should be at about 3.5A max and my fan, 230V 520m3/h, eats max 0.52A.

Check schneider electric switches too.

Ideally I can find a switch that can turn on/off all tools in one go. So chiller, fan and laser … Like a master on off … Will do some searching, thanks.

Better search for a power strip with external switch. It will be cheaper.

Wont’ look as fancy though :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, that will probably be my initial setup.

I am ready too. Tight fit but it should work :slight_smile:missing/deleted image from Google+

Looking good :smiley: