Is WS2813 supposed to be less bright than WS2812B?

Is WS2813 supposed to be less bright than WS2812B?

I just upgraded and it’s clear that they are less bright, although I can compensate in software.
Is that expected, or did I get shit ones?

Errr, I would think they would be the same brightness. Haven’t heard anything about this before.

@marmil I just did a side by side test and discovered that the brightness steps are different between both chips. Full brightness is about the same, but lower brightness steps are darker on WS2813.
I also found out that on full bright white, WS2812B takes 1.7A while WS2813 takes 2.2A while looking more yellowish :-/ (48 pixels)
Now the good side is that WS2813 only takes 40mA to power those pixels while keeping them off, while WS2812B takes 140mA.
So at least WS2813 saves power when the pixels are off.

Interesting. Thank you for investigating.

@Marc_MERLIN 140 milli- or micro Ampers? As I measured some time ago - WS2812 (30 leds/m) takes 42milliAmps per one diod full white. Datasheet says, that it takes 60mA on total white (20mA * 3).
I think differense was by resistance of strip and wires.
But you say about 140mA on full BLACK!!! )
And one more think: I connected 100 WS2811 to PC USB. On full white it was white at the beginning of garland and yellow at the end! When I connect this garland to molex connector directly - all colors become fine (all white become white).
May be your yellow color just by power source!?
p.s. sorry for pore English.

@fa25514ad7a4d6321c2d you are correct, WS2812 takes a lot of power when full black, just to power the chip. 48 LEDs took 140mA while 48 WS2813 LEDs, full back also, were only 40mA.
As for yellow vs white on full power, I was not using USB but a dedicated 5V power source. The yellow was not terrible, it was only slight and even across all the LEDs, and I saw yellow-ish compared to the other ones that looked a bit more white.

@Marc_MERLIN sorry, I not seen, that you talk about 48 leds, not about just one )