Is this an option for heated beds?

Is this an option for heated beds? I imagine that color changing heated beds (calibrate color changes to 60-120C) would be quite useful since you could visually tell how evenly your heated bed was heated.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Colour-Changing-Paint/

1 Like

I would expect some experimentation is necessary to determine if the paint provides a strong bond surface to which the filament would adhere. If one uses a glass bed over a heated substrate, that isn’t a consideration.
Another important factor, as noted in the instructable, do you have a muller?

Maybe paint the underside of the glass plate? I know it’s not reading the surface temperature but I suspect parts would pull the paint off. What do these materials cost? I wonder how much use this paint will be.

@Jeff_DeMaagd I imagine it would at least be proof of even bed heating. At least that is a big plus in my opinion. Else than that, coolness factor and something to show temperatures in videos. It seems you can have multiple colors for logos that show when hot or cold.

Good idea .

I think I have seen a few 3D printing places do this. The idea was shared so that people could freely do so. Could someone share any information on who did it? I want to see how well it turned out.