Is there a way to change the PWM frequency for the HBP or all

Is there a way to change the PWM frequency for the HBP or all heaters? The PWM is making my heated bed sing me the songs of its people. Very loudly.

Yes, but not in the config at the present. You have to look in the initialization og Redeem: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redeem/Redeem.py There should be a line with pwm frequency, but keep in mind that this also affects the DAC. You can also add an issue to Redeem to get that setting read from the config.

You can also consider setting it to on-off control, if it is a large heat block.

Ah! Cool. I’ll set it to on-off, i think that should be just fine. It’s a PCB bed, but for some reason, it’s insanely loud. I’m guessing it’s an accidental resonance, because it gets order of magnitude quieter when i touch the bed terminals.

Was this the noise you were getting? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lffWafdt92I

My heater started to sing after putting a 200W silicone heater in place of the reprap pcb.

Very similar, yes. Loud as hell. I’ve since switched to on-off mode, it keeps the temps perfectly stable anyways, since the bed (at least mine) has a very high “momentum”.

Ahh - onoff_HBP silent bliss, thanks.