Is anyone using Simplify3D ? Is it worth the money ?

Is anyone using Simplify3D ? Is it worth the money ?
Do the generated gcodes work with gcodeprintr ?

http://www.simplify3d.com/
http://www.simplify3d.com

I haven’t used the different print settings per layer thing yet, but I find the support structure pretty awesome.
You get a preview of the automatically generated support beams and can manually add/remove them as you like. They peel away beautifully and usually without leaving any visible mark.

Sooner or later this will come to the freeware/OS slicers as well (I think I read that slic3r is catching on already, but haven’t tried it yet), so I’m not sure, whether it’s really worth it.
It might be, if you’re into crazy overhangs.

I Iove s3d. It has allowed me to print items I could never get to work in any other slicer.

I am a happy S3D user. However It took me some time to get the settings right. My Printer was not supported with a “ready” setting file. I do not think all the printers they list on their webpage have a specific setting file. However the program is worth the money. What printer are you using?

I have it and im not happy with it. I mostly use Kisslicer, it can do almost everything as S3D, and pro is only 42$. Give it a try, you won’t regret it.

I own Kisslicer Pro, and have used it as well as earlier versions of Slic3r and Cura quite a bit. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and they are all amazing achievements.

Simplify3D is all I use since I got it mainly because of the support material features and the excellent gcode visualisation.

I 3D print on a hobby basis but for me S3D is still worth the money. I prefer open source where I can but S3D has/had features others didn’t, and performed very well without too much initial tweaking - and I have an ORD Bot with parts sourced from various places meaning I can never rely on having a preset profile shipped with the slicer of my choice.

Thanks for all the feedback. I will give it a try.

just bought Simplify3D but it does not even start on my Fedora Linux systems :frowning: .
It hangs right after entering the license key (even when running as root) …

@Ashley_Webster sure, I did that already … waiting for an answer

Simplify3D v3.1.1 on Windows 10 generated G-code works perfectly