I’m looking to add some interlock switches to my k50 machine. It has a ruida controller and has an e-stop, a water flow sensor and a separate laser tube power switch on the side. Not an electronics expert but I can solder and wire stuff up (installed an Ma Meter already) so my question is what is the best way to hook up the switches?
- I have done some research and seen them hooked into e-stop, which I don’t think would work as the e-stop shuts the whole machine down not just power to tube.
- I have also seen ardunio boards used but think this might be overkill
- I would just like to add one interlock to the front cabinet door so hoping that simplifies the process.
- My initial thoughts are connecting it with the laser tube power switch is the best option, but I would need to look at the wring and figure out how to add it into the wiring.
- I’ve added an image of the internal wiring behind the switches and there are four wires coming from the Laser Switch, two connect to other switches and other two run off to machine. (I will trace them now and update post)
Thanks for any help.