Interesting new product (even though I can barely print with one yet!):

Interesting new product (even though I can barely print with one yet!):

Curios as to how their multi extruder board works to interface w/ their current board. This multi material process was on my ‘things to explore’ list. Not sure how that’d interface w/ the Azteeg x5 board though…

@jerryflyguy looks like it just takes the extruder output, and uses SSR switching to split the output. So long as there is enough output gpio on the Azteeg it should be possible assuming @Josef_Prusa ​ will be selling the multiplexer separately to be used for integration on other boards too.

Then it’s just writing a color change script in your slicer to switch the io and perform the purge change sequence.

That old and work project(2014) in Italy reprap forum any can print and use need a demultiplex via relay chain. Check Facebook prusa research post for more information(inside comments)

@Eclsnowman is there any extra io on the Azteeg X5 V3 as it’s set up (normally) to run a single extruder Eustathios V2? There are some pins I’m not using but haven’t read anything about other io options?

@jerryflyguy that would probably be a question to ask Roy at Panucatt. I am not sure what all the pin assignments are on the x5 mini v3.

@Eclsnowman I’ll do that