Interesting new idea for 3D printing. Sort of like extreme paper-crafting.

Interesting new idea for 3D printing.
Sort of like extreme paper-crafting.
I imagine it would be good for static models and architectural stuff,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s2h1k0cpgzQ

Woah, that’s awesome.

I like the statement “it is cost effective as compared to more expensive printers”.

The printer cost may be less than some other full color methods, but the print cost would be substantial for any objects of a large z height.

Full colour? Besides Mcor, there’s basically Z-Corp’s Zprinter series, 3D Systems’ ProJet series (also a Z-Corp reseller). And the fake(?) BotObjects ProDesk3D.

great , i just still see some white lines on that model , but i think using paper as medium is great.

A pack of 500 pages copier paper costs what, 2,50? So that’s about 50 cents per centimeter of height. I would think the glue would be the more expensive part.

This is a nice take on an old idea.

Very cool. Is it still considered additive manufacturing/prototyping?

Yup and the subtype would be laminate object manufacturing.

Way cool…

Could you do this with epoxy and carbon fiber?

If you have white carbon fiber sheets :wink:

(or proper printable color coatings)

You call powder resin supported 3D printers subtractive too? :wink:

why not use a laser and a gas ??

this way you could get very fine resolution :smiley:

no burning , and cuts as wide as a beam of light :smiley:

Uhm, laser cutters work by burning. They’re not magic cutting tools.

Technically, I suppose, by heating — depending on the material you’re either burning or melting. And paper doesn’t melt.

Vapor :smiley:

Ware :smiley:

@Jacob_Merrill you need to check things a little closer (or say at all) before making such pronouncements.
The Matrix 300+ can be purchased directly from MCor. The above video as far as I can tell is from their production model of the printer.

Mcor has had this tech floating around for a while.

If this is the same as their IRIS I looked into a while ago, it’s an inkjet printer with special permeating ink, an x-acto knife on a gantry, and some clever barcode work to index the sheets between the 3 stages.

Seems drop dead simple to DIY, just the precise gluing may be tricky.